San Pedro Seeds 100% Organic
$15.00 was $20.00
This product is currently sold out.
- 100% organic peyote seeds.
- Contains between 20-25 seeds
- Hand picked in Peru
- Success rate between 30%-50%
- Sieve the cactus soil mix to remove any larger debris.
- Spread and level a two centimetre to three centimetre layer of soil into the container.
- Lightly dampen the soil using the mister – we find that between fifteen to forty-five millilitres of water per container is enough, although you may need to adjust to your climate.
- To sow the seed, sprinkle them evenly across the surface of the soil mix, roughly five milimetres apart from each other. We find roughly seventy-five seeds is a good amount when using an average takeaway container.
- Lightly push the seeds down a millimetre or so before some further light misting.
- Place the lid on the container and then put it somewhere bright but out of direct sun.
- Dependent on the species and the quality of the seed, germination should begin about two to three weeks from sowing.
- Now you need to maintain the container’s micro-climate, so leave the lids on for at least six months.
- Lightly mist with water (or a slow-release fertiliser) at this point, then seal for another six months or so. If at any time the seedlings turn red, buy some 50-75% shade cloth and drape it over the container. If you see any fungal growth, open the lid slightly until moisture loss kills the fungus.
- Once the seedlings are roughly twenty millimetres tall (and have spines), separate the plants into larger pots.
- Congratulations, you’ve germinated and grown cactus seed